Current events...
Today was a beautiful day here in Gaffney. Lately we have had nothing but nice warm weather. Spent most of the afternoon picking up leaves today, and listening to Christmas music on the Greenville radio station. The days seem so short!
I think the biggest news around here is that Virginia has been doing some intensive potty training and has really caught on well. It seems like she's got her pants off and is running to the potty about every five minutes. She likes going naked, so I have to remind her all the time to put her clothes back on! As of now, she is only wearing a diaper when she goes to bed, and most mornings she's waking up dry.
A couple of guys from the water company in Grassy Pond came out and fixed our driveway about two weeks ago. It was in really bad shape after that flooding at the beginning of October. I know them because I work with them sometimes, marking cables for them when they do water pipe repairs. When I told them about the driveway, they said could fix it and that they would do it for free! They went over and over it with a tractor & box scraper and did a really good job. Sara made them some apple pies to thank them.
We finished the book "Gentian Hill" this past week, but haven't decided on what to read next. I was thinking about the German novel "Doctor Faustus", but like I said I'm not settled on it. Sara suggested Moby Dick, and so we might do that. We've been listening to a dramatization of Moby Dick on the radio on Friday nights and it's actually really interesting. I remember thinking how boring it looked when I was a kid. Virginia thinks it real funny when I impersonate Captain Ahab and say "MOOOOOOOOBY DICK!"
I still haven't found out for certain how many days I can get off for thanksgiving, but I hope to find out this week. If I can get enough days, we will be heading up to Virginia!

2 Comments:
Thanks Luke, we'll leave the light on for you! (ha ha)
Nice talking with you on the phone last night. Were all excited you're coming home. Can't wait to see all of you. The weather forecasters are calling for some rain and chilly temperatures. Be careful on the highway.
Pop
What is this, a Motel 6? It's raining here today, but it's supposed to let up and be clear through friday... ....still need to change that oil...
Post a Comment
<< Home