Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Visit from Sara's Grandmother


For those of you who don't already know, we had Sara's paternal grandmother come to stay with us last week. She is 94 years old and is in pretty good health for her age. We enjoyed her many stories and many of them we "enjoyed" many times over and over again. All in all, it was a nice visit and a positive experience for all of us.

2 Comments:

At 7:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long did she stay? What is her name and where does she live? I have alway loved being around older people, as you remember some of my closest friends have been 20 to 30 nyears older than myself. Theres Mrs. Embrey, Mrs Holmes (Remington)Alice Kilby and Marjorie Yates (Culpeper). They have so much knowledge to share just from living life and learning from the experiences. I'll bet you all enjoyed her as much as she enjoyed your family!
Only one of those elderly friends mentioned is left and that is Marjorie. We have emailed each other recently.
I wish you all could go and visit Grandpa Purple.He would love to see you all.

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Sara said...

She stayed a week. Her name is Helen Wright Hanson and she lives in Kadoka, South Dakota with her daughter Ruth. I remember the Yates very well. I thought of Mr Yates recently when I went looking to buy a grass cutting tool that he showed Justin and me how to use. His was the only one I had ever seen like it, but I found one at Ace Hardware. Of course I remember Mrs Embrey and the others as well. It would be nice to visit Grandpa but I don't see it happening any time soon. I've been working on a letter to send him, but it's not finished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home