On two books...
Jacob asked for a book recommendation so...
We had a rain day today and I finished reading this book from the library:
It's called "Living with Chickens" by Jay Rossier. Very fun book to read, with lots of glossy photos in every chapter. Very helpful in the area of hatching and raising baby chicks and that's something we're anxious to try. Also very helpful in the day to day health and care for the chickens, coop building, and all those other interesting topics related to chickens.On the other hand, if you're looking for something of a theological strand, there is no other book I could recommend any higher (except the bible of course) than "The New Testament and the People of God", by N.T. Wright.
It's a hefty read, about 600 pages I think, but well worth it. This book forever changed the way I think about the Bible, the Church, and Christian practice. It's only about 22 dollars for a new copy from amazon, and if you're lucky the library may have it. This is just the first book in a five book series, three of which are complete. I've read the other two which are longer and more dense, but I didn't find them quite as rewarding as this first one. Thanks for your input on the woodstove situation Jake. I suspect that we will be getting one sooner or later, probably this one, but I'm also continuing to look for a used one.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home