Thursday, December 15, 2005

Ice Storm and no power all day!

We had freezing rain last night and on into the afternoon today. We had alot of big branches come down, but no real damage. I can't find Ginger (our bassett hound), but hopefully she is all right. We were without power until about 6:30 this afternoon. We spent most of the day huddled around the Kerosene heater in the kitchen. Not that we were suffering or anything, because it actually seems to heat the house better than the central heat! I took a vacation day today, and will probably take one tomorrow.


Ice Storm Cuts Power to 450,000 - CBS NEWS

3 Comments:

At 6:52 AM , Blogger Justin said...

Had heard about that. I think it is the same storm that gave us 5 or six inches of snow. We probably have 8 inches or so on the ground right now and more was falling as I drove in to work this morning. It is just staying cold so we get storm after storm and it just keeps piling up. Ice is, by far, much worse though. Glad you were able to stay home and keep warm. I need to think about getting a heater that doesn't require electricity. We will have the fireplace, but I wonder if I shouldn't look into something else?

 
At 4:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke, We still have ice all over from that same storm. We didn't lose our power but many people in Charlottesville did! Alma did worry about losing hers as she doesn't have wood heat so she had Pop buy her a big generator from Lowes. So she is now ready for whatever. He will just have to go up the hill and fire it up if it happens that she needs it. We of course keep a blazing fire going as its been very cold! So the ice and snow(couple inches) hasn't done much melting!

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Well, as an update, our power went back out on Friday morning and then came back on Friday afternoon. Sara's parents are still without power and they are saying on the radio that some 300,000 people will not get their power back until tuesday. We went to a Christmas party last night and most of the traffic lights in Spartanburg were still out. I did work half a day yesterday and the roads were fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home