Tuesday, August 30, 2005

We Are Back...

...from our four-day vacation at Hunting Island State Park! We really had a great time. I didn't think I would enjoy the ocean that much, but it really was a lot of fun. As for the weather, it rained hard on Saturday, but it didn't last very long; and other than that it was perfect. We ate breakfast and supper around the campfire, and spent the afternoons napping in the tent, and playing in the water. All the pictures turned out great, but I don't want to overload the blog with too many of them.

Here's a picture of our tent and campsite:


And one of Virginia:


And one of Me & Virginia:


And one of Sara & Miriam:


And here's one that Sara took at sunrise (whilst the rest of the crew was sleeping):


All in all, we put about 500 miles on the car, and didn't have any trouble. I changed the oil right before we left and put in Castrol Full Synthetic 20w 50 ($4.78 per quart!) Actually, a headlight did burn out, but that was no big deal. Virginia has become quite the complainer lately, and doesn't like riding in her car seat, so we had to listen to a lot of whining, but even that wasn't too bad. I had recently got a cassette tape in the mail on "Leading our little ones to Christ" that I was saving for our trip, and so we listened to that, and that helped to pass the time on the road. All things considered, it was truly a heavenly vacation. Haven't really had a chance to reflect on the meaning of it all yet, but Sara and I both agreed that we felt refreshed and recharged as we went back to our respective duties today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home