Thursday, August 04, 2005

A word from mom

I got up early this morning to start on an easy block quilt for Paula to take to College. It looks good that she will be there starting August 19th! I am so excited for her and hope all goes well there. We covet your prayers about this. I am piecing the quilt with black and pink prints as this is her favorite color combination.
She will be taking her GED on August 6th. So if you all would send her Graduation cards that would be nice! Since most us are too far apart to celebrate lifes meaningful events together this is an inexpensive way to make family feel special and important to each other! I would like to tell you all that sending cards in the mail is the way to go with recognizing birthdays and such. Sending pkgs is getting more pricey all the time. Cards especially homemade with a photo inside is a lovely gift! I love sending pkgs as my mom did for you kids but postage and handling has gone up considerably so I will probably be limiting that also.
Pop and I took a mini one nighter getaway this past week. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in Charlottesville. It was wonderfully relaxing. They had an indoor pool and hottub. It reminded us of Shenandoah Crossing. We ate dinner at a favorite Mexican restaurant and breakfast at IHOP, both were very good meals. The IHOP breakfast was so large that we ordered just one and split it. I would highly recommend their omelets.

I am posting a picture that Pop and I took of ourselves in the Motel room with the cameras timer.

I want you all to know how precious and dear you are to us. I hope we can make a way to see the Hardings in Wisonsin and the Hardings in S Carolinia soon! Miss you all so much! We are missing very special moments with four very precious girls!

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very excited for Paula. I know she will do very well, and will probably find college easier than she expects. It would be nice if she could find the time to visit the blog now and again and let us know how things are going at Bluefield, and what she is studying, or just to post random thoughts on life at college.

I am curious to know what is the status of the house purchase?

-Luke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home