Friday, October 21, 2005

A Little Project...


I have been working on the past couple of days. Our deck only had the one ramp on the far corner that you can't see in the picture. We regreted not adding stairs in the back because it is really inconvenient if you wish to integrate the deck with the backyard. It will make it alot nicer when the kids want to play in the backyard and we want to sit on the deck.
Other than this little venture I have been doing as little as possible,just helping Dawn out where I can. I think I could get real use to this not working thing. It has given us the opprotunity to just slow down and really enjoy each others company,not that our life is that hectic when I am going to work,but this has been a real treat. I will probobly return to work on the second of November.
I envy your luck at finding stuff,Justin. I cant tell you how many times I have brought stuff home.Somtimes it turns out to be something useful (at least in the way of a yardsale or Ebay anyway :). I still have a nice practically brand new microwave I found in the dumpster behind Foodlion. It just needs the little latch on the door and I have scoured the internet and found the part for just about every make and model except the one I need..Oh well someday maybe.
Anyway...I am going to publish this before the computer locks up and it ends up in the trash for you to find, Justin.

4 Comments:

At 6:54 PM , Blogger Sara said...

How come you got some time off? The steps look real good. I made a new set for our back deck about a month ago. Only three steps there, though, so not nearly as complicated.

 
At 6:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had about four weeks of sick leave built up and my job allows me to use that for a new baby. Since I dont ever really seem to get sick I figured it would be a good time to use it especially since I'm only allowed to accrue so much before I start to loose it.
-Jake

 
At 6:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacob, its like having a shortcut to your backyard. Did you cut the stringers yourself or buy them already cut? I'll have to come over and check them out :)
...Pop

 
At 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't find stringers in that length pre-cut. Lowes was the only place I found that did have pre-cut stringers but they were only 5 step. I just bought one of these and used it as a pattern to trace on 2x10's. I am going to return the pre-cut one. I still havnn't finished the railing as you can see in the picture...I guess you can say I havn't finished the last step.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home