While we are waiting....
to see a few pictures of Jonah Calvin, I thought I would share a picture of my new baby. Isn't she a beauty? Got her on Ebay for $50.00.
We're going on a little trip to N.C. today to look at a used wood furnace too. It's an older one called a Taylor waterstove. Heats the house & the water, has all the pipes and everything and they're asking $1800. A new one goes for $4500, so it may be a good deal.

3 Comments:
Hey Luke, your new baby is looking pretty sharp. Sorry, just couldn't resist that one.
Pop
Thanks Pop. I get it. I practiced cutting down a few trees this afternoon and I was able to make them fall where I wanted them to, so I'm pretty happy about that. Didn't drop any on the house :) The stove deal looked pretty good, but I told the guy I would have to think about it for a while. He said he could probably come down to $1300, but I'm hoping he'll drop down to more like $1000 if I wait long enough. He's offering to deliver it right the house too, so that kind of sweetens the deal.
Luke, I've felled a few trees in my day and feel I must confess, when it comes to cutting down very large ones, its always been rather scary. Anything can happen. When there is the least bit of doubt about which way the tree will fall, its probably not worth the risk. You have so many on your property to choose from, that shouldn't be a problem. Even when you feel pretty confident about that, a branch can snap and fall on your head. I'm not trying to scare you or tell you what to do or anything but the smartest safety advice to share with you is this; never go out alone cutting firewood. I've said it once here already but it bears repeating, anything can happen.
My love to the family, Pop
Post a Comment
<< Home