Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Trying Times!

O.K. Some of you already know this and some of you don't! A week ago yesterday Pop and I left Amy up in Woodlawn, VA. She is living at a childrens home called Joy Ranch. We were having problems with her that were just getting worse. I'm sure some of it came from being in Public School but she was adament about not homeschooling. We all knew that if we did try that again it was going to be miserable. I feel like this place that I found on the internet was a God Send! The interesting thing is that I was reading abound Joy Ranch 6 mths earlier not even thinking that we would be using it for Amy. As you know we have been looking into moving to SW VA for sometime now and Joy Ranch for Children looked like a place I would enjoy working and I still may! She is living in a cottage with 6 other teen-age girls and two house parents.The use the Public School up there also. So really in a matter of a few weeks her WHOLE world has changed! Please pray for her and write to her. A valentine in a week would be VERY nice, also. Snail mail does take more time effort and money but it is a GOOD thing to remember familys birthdays and to encourage each other in that way. Email is not a good substitute it is too easy and impersonal. She does not have internet access anyway.
While we were in that area last week Pop and I also looked at houses with a realtor. We found one that we both liked and the bank has approved the loan. So it looks like we will be moving sometime in March! The town is Hillsville and right next to Woodlawn VA. Alot is changed over the past few years and it has been stressful at times. God is good and I know he is taking care of Amy,Paula and the rest of us.
I will be driving to Bluefield this Sunday without Pop and meeting Paula. We will drive to Joy Ranch(about 1 hour from Paula) and pickup Amy and go out to eat and swim at the Hampton Inn. Thats the place Pop, Amy and I stayed at last week and it was so nice. They have a beautiful pool and Jacuzzi and serve a super breakfast all for $50.00 for one night.(we use AAA to save a little off the regular price)The pool and Jacuzzi reminded us of our days at Shenandoah Crossing! So Paula and I will spend the night there...Amy will have to be back by 9:00 p.m.
You can find the website for Joy Ranch by going to www.joyranch.org

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM , Blogger Justin said...

Sounds like good news. Will be praying for Amy and Paula and all of y'all.

Had a good talk with Grandpa a couple nights ago about Inez Palmquist and the Palmquist family in general. They had a big influence on my life in an indirect way. It was just fun to discuss with Grandpa a little about events that the Lord worked out over the years and how He knew all along what would happen. Grandpa was in tears when we hung up.

Please know, Mom, that no matter how crazy things seem at times and how much of a failure you may feel like (you are a great success, by the way), God knows the end result and He is working His plan through the problems. Our pastor always says that when we work we work, but when we pray God works. This just shows that the more that we try to control situations, the less control we will have. We must let go and let God and all our trying must be done in God's strength and not our own.

I love you Mom. Keep up the great work. I am blessed to be able to call you my Mom.

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Sara said...

Looks like a nice place. I hope things work out for Amy there. I checked the map and Hillsville is only 160 miles from Gaffney. That's pretty close!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home