Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Morning!

We just finished breakfast and are getting ready to head over to Sara's parents. All the gifts are opened, and everyone is still playing. Mom's, Pop's & Amy's gifts for the girls were so nice! Virginia especially loved the toy spice rack. We also opened the presents from Jacob & Dawn and Justin & Jenni this morning! The little puppies from Jacob & Dawn are irresistably cute and the blankets and pillows from Justin & Jenni (made by Jenni I suspect?) are beautiful! Thank you so much! Everything is so nice!

Sara and I exchanged homemade gifts. Sara made me a spectacular gray scarf with a really neat celtic knot-work pattern, and I made her a little set of painted houses (like the one's Mom has above the door between her kitchen & living room...that's where I got the idea). I made one of her family's log home, one of our Church, and one of the bed and breakfast where we spent our honeymoon.

Virginia got a doll with a stroller and Miriam's big gift was a little castle to put blocks in.

Remember a few weeks back the topic was digging in dumpsters? Well, I got a really nice Little Tikes Kitchen set, with oven & microwave & sink and all out of somebody's trash pile on Friday! All I had to do was clean it up a little and Virginia is thrilled with it.

Oh, and we also gave Virginia a rocking chair that belonged to Sara when she was a toddler. It had a few broken parts and needed to be reglued and stained, so I had been working on that for the last few weeks.

All in all, Christmas is off to a great start!

Hope everyone is having a merry Christmas! We will be out of the house for most of the afternoon, but I'm still planning to call Mom & Pop today!

Love and Thanks from Luke & Sara & Virginia & Miriam!

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Everyone! Luke, do you think you can get a picture of the building cutouts that you made for Sara? I am very interested in seeing them!
Love, Mom

 
At 5:28 PM , Blogger Sara said...

I'll work on it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home