Monday, June 05, 2006

The New Walkway

A few posts ago I mentioned that I'd been working on putting in a new front walk. The old front walk looked so bad. It was made with plastic edging and filled with white pea gravel. The ants loved to build nests in it, and it constantly had to be weeded and the gravel was spilling out into the lawn. I got all the bricks to make the two patios for free from an old dairy building that was being torn down in gaffney and the stepping stones that look like bricks came from Lowes. I had a lot of fun with this. The hardest part was removing the old walkway, but that's done. The only thing left now is to plant some new grass.

The view from the driveway:















And a closeup of the patio by the stairs:

3 Comments:

At 6:17 AM , Blogger Justin said...

Looks very nice, Luke. That does look like it would have been a lot of fun. -Justin

 
At 8:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful job! Pop and I are both looking forward to seeing it this Saturday!

 
At 8:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also hope you two had a nice anniversary day. We have a gift for you which we are bringing!
Mom and Pop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home