Monday, May 15, 2006

Mothers Day Weekend!

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms in our family! We spent Mothers day weekend with Sara's Mom and Dad and had a nice time. Sara and Virginia made nice big oversized cards for Mom Wright and Nana Harding. I forgot to ask Mom when I called if she received her card? I hope so, as I mailed it on thursday.

This morning we went back to the Social Security office to try once more to get Miriam a number and thankfully, it looks like it's going to work out this time. They said we should receive the card by next Saturday. This has been quite the ordeal and I'm glad to see it come to an end. The next step is to file an amended tax return and everything should be set right.

After we left the SSA, we went to The Hardy Berry Farm in Anderson, SC and picked strawberries. This was probably the nicest strawberry farm I've ever seen. They had a nice store shaped like a barn, with ice cream and natural foods and there was a lake nearby where we spotted some little fishes. The strawberries were plentiful too, so it idn't take too long to pick a few gallons. I think we got about twenty pounds or so. Virginia and Sara are busy making more strawberry jam right now.

I was a little worried about the chicks doing all right while we were away, but everyone was okay. We actually had a nice surprise as Virginia discovered that there was a new baby chick. It must have been born today because it was so tiny. That makes 12 babies now, and 20 chickens altogether! It's starting to look like quite the farm around here.

That's all the news from Lake Wobegone. Hope everyone else had a great weekend and Mother's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home