Enjoying Memorial Day Weekend!

Playing in the pool....

And catching some rays....
We've had some very nice but very hot weather here the last few days. Here and there we've had some welcome cool breezes and a few of those quick little rainshowers that come in the middle of a sunny day and cool everything off.
I spent most of my evenings last week and yesterday working on a new front walk. I was inspired by some of the brick walks at Mom & Pops house and when the opportunity came to get some free bricks I went for it. I'm just about done with it, and I'll post some pictures of that soon.
Sara worked yesterday at the Childers farm processing some chickens. It sounds like she enjoyed it. I'm not sure I'd have the stomach for it, but we'll probably have to do some of ours in because if we don't the roosters will just kill each other anyway. We had fresh chicken for dinner last night and admittedly it really tasted spectacular. I've never eaten one that was killed the same day that I know of. Anway, I think Sara is planning to write about her experience so that's all I'll say about it.
Hope everyone is having a nice holiday! We are planning a cookout tonight.
Everyone is welcome! ;)

3 Comments:
Looks and sounds like you all had an educational and enjoyable holiday weekend. I am proud of Sara for being able to do the whole chicken process! Thats the way to really make having chickens really worth their keep...so I have heard. Chicken isn't as cheap as it was when you kids were little. Poultry is much safer to eat when it is home raised, of course.
This chicken talk has caused me to wonder who I gave the large paperback book about the mother hen keeping her chicks out of the henhouse because their was a snake in it? The book had a biblical moral to it. Do you all remember that story? It was a large book like coloring book size. It was given to you all from Grandma. If anyone has it please let me know. I would love it to be shared especially between the chicken owners!
Mom
I vaguely remember such a book, but no more than what you describe about it. I don't have it.
I also have very vague recollections of that story, but also am sure that I do not have it.
Post a Comment
<< Home