Saturday, October 07, 2006

Career Crossroads


Hello everybody,
Some of you if not most of you already know of my plans to start a new career as a truck driver. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think this would ever happen to me but its probably going to be reality before the end of the year. There is a trucking company in North Carolina (BCB inc.) that needs drivers for the west coast. They will give me four weeks of training beginning next month and if I can pass the test at the DMV for my CDL they will hire me. I've talked with Luke a bit about what it was like taking the test and he said it was quite extensive. Hope I'm up to it. If all goes well I'll be teamed up with an experienced driver and we'll be pulling trailers to and from California. One will be driving and the other will be sleeping. The average trip takes about four and one half days so I should be home for the weekends if we start out on Mondays.
You can go to www.bcbtrucking.com and find out more about the company.
Bye for now,
Pop

4 Comments:

At 7:03 PM , Blogger Sara said...

I looked at the website and those look like really nice trucks. Do you know yet if you will have internet access on the road?

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Sara said...

I looked at the website and those look like really nice trucks. Do you know yet if you will have internet access on the road?

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Sara said...

Somehow I posted that twice. Don't know what happened there.

 
At 1:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know if I will but I'll find out this coming Wednesday. That's when they asked me to call to find out exactly when my training begins. I'm thinking they probably do have internet access.
Pop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home