Thursday, October 05, 2006

It happened again....


We wasted another perfectly good hour listening to car talk. Besides that though, we had another episode of toilet clog. Y'all might remember the last time I posted about a clogged toilet was when Virginia flushed a rubber duck down the toilet. After myriads of hours trying to plunge and snake the toilet and force coat hangers down the drain I finally had to pull the toilet from the floor and take it outside to flush with the garden hose and that crazy duck popped out. Well, same thing all over again except this time we believe Miriam to be the perpetrator and the clog turned out to be two items - a toothbrush and a seashell.

The last time this happened it was in the hall bathroom and I used the oppportunity to put down some new vinyl floor. This time it was in the master bathroom and I want to fix the floor there too except this time I want to try ceramic tile. I thought I would post a picture of the way the the bathroom looks right now and then one when it's all done. Maybe Justin would like to post some helpful hints for doing the ceramic.

4 Comments:

At 9:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke, pulling up a toilet from the floor is probably the first thing to do when you suspect something like a rubber duck or similar object has been flushed. As with your episode the last thing you want to have happen is for that duck get hung up between the toilet and the septic tank. That was good you didn't push it down into the pipe. I guess even if you had, using a long enough snake would have probably pushed it on through and into the tank. Most homeowners don't keep that kind of equipment on hand but most do have a pair of pliers, which is about all you need for pulling toilets and maybe a good pair of gloves :] Pop

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Sara said...

I see what you mean. Why don't they make toilets with a trap that you can open? I would buy one. Even after removing both toilets from the floor it was an hour or two before I was able to dislodge the items from the trap.

 
At 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did Miriam flush the toothbrush and seashell down the toilet while you were all listening to Car Talk?...Sorry I just had to say that after your opening! The toilet seems to hold a fasination for your girls! Its a magical machine that makes objects disappear! Do they need more battery operating toys?
Mom

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger Sara said...

She might have. I don't actally know when it happened. I suppose they are fascinated with the toilet. If only they would use it.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home