Saturday, November 11, 2006

Working on the well house.

Another record breaking temperature here in Gaffney today. I'm building a house around our well to keep the pump from freezing this winter. As you can see I have a long way to go.

3 Comments:

At 7:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you pour a footer first? It's hard to tell in the picture. It takes a lot of skill to lay block and make it look good. I built a small retaining wall once out of block...it didn't look real pretty but it served its purpose.
Jake.

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger Sara said...

I did prepare a footer before laying the blocks with about four or five bags of concrete. That gave me a good and almost level and flat surface to lay the block so it wasn't too difficult to get it right. I'm only using blocks for the foundation and not for the whole building. The walls will be 2X4s. At the middle left of the picture you can see a bolt extending from the concrete block. I set one at each corner to bolt the walls down to the foundation. Should be hurricane proof when it's done.

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger Sara said...

By the way...I sent you an invitation to the blog at the email address you used to write to me. I see you haven't accepted it yet. Just wanted to let you know it should be in your mailbox. If it's not there for some reason I can resend it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home