Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Little More Room?

Me and Dawn have been going back and forth for at least a year now on whether to add on to our house or to look for something else. We have gone back and forth several times from looking at houses to drawing several different plans for additions to our current house. Well about a week ago we looked at a piece of land we both really liked and thought was priced fair compared with others so we put a contract on it with a contigency of our house selling first. It is 3.3 acres (about five times what we have now)and not too far fram where our house is now. So if all goes well and our house sells we will probably be renting for a while until we can get a house built.Anyway thought I would let you all know. We'll keep everyone posted on what happens.

-Jake

3 Comments:

At 9:29 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Sounds like a fun idea. What is it about this property that you like, except for the size? Is it wooded or cleared? Are you going to build it yourself or hire a contractor?

 
At 5:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry,Luke,I've been asleep since you commented. I just woke up feeling quite rested so I guess I'll respond now. Actualy,I had typed out a comment but it dissapeared before I could post it.
We have since pulled out of the contract. After we went back to look at the land and take some pictures we realized it was right on the edge of a pretty slummy area (not to visable thru the trees)and after an internet search we learned a convicted rapist lived across the street. We both felt pretty uneasy about making an investment in an area like that. Anyway, our house is still on the market. If it sells for what we are hoping we will probobly bank the money and rent until we decide exactly what we want to do. It is a big decision and possibly a lifelong one,so we want to be sure it is one we are happy with.
If we do end up buying land and building then,yes, I am going to do as much as I can when it comes to building it. There are some things that you almost have to contract out if it is going to be done right though (basement, septic, well, rough in for elec. and plumbing-to name a few). Check out www.ameri-panel.com and tell me what you think.Also www.shelterkit (or shelter-kit). I cant remember.
Also just keep us in prayer that we will make a wise decision with what God has entrusted us with. Any thoughts or suggestions would also be appreciated

 
At 5:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is www.ameripanel.com (no hyphen)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home