Wondering Whats going on in Sun Prairie and Gaffney
Well, everyday I check the blog and it hasn't changed in some time! So I thought I'd put the shame in all of you; although it doesn't seem to work with your father! I would LOVE to see a current picture of Virginia, Miriam, Claire and Madeline.
Amy and Paula will be home this weekend. actually fri. night. Paula will pick up Amy on her way home. We are very happy they are coming. Actually it will be their last time in this house. We have been here 2 1/2 years!
Jacob and Dawn were here last night helping us get ready for a moving sale. He and Pop moved a lot of furniture from the upstairs.
We will be able to move into our new home on March 9th and should be moving our things in the following week. I will soon share with you our new address!
Hope to see some serious blogging soon!
A word from Mom

6 Comments:
Yes it has been rather quiet on the blog. We've been having beautiful 70+ degree days and we are trying to make the most of them. In the evenings I've been continuing to work on those raised garden beds.
Lots of fun stuff going on around here. Miriam has started crawling and Virginia is talking up a storm! The house is very lively.
A couple of news bits:
1. We've got six new hens. They are actually game hens, and we got them for free. They are very pretty.
2. I got a raise at work, but I'm not sure of the exact amount. My yearly review went very well.
3. I just finished the book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki.
4. We're still working on getting a social security number for Miriam. I did finally get a birth certificate (yay!), but am still waiting for a response from Social Security.
Good luck with the yard sale and move! I'll see if I can get a picture put up very soon.
Well, it hasn't been seventy degrees here. Weve hit 40 a couple days recently, but mostly in the teens, twenties and thirties.
We are credit card debt free after several years of struggling with payments !!! The tax returns helped a lot and I am hoping to get a bonus today or next week sometime. Jenni wants to use some of it to re-carpet the living room.
We finished our first month (FEB) of actually living on a budget and sticking with it. I have always been very religious about keeping track of the expenses and balancing the checkbook, etc...but we never really kept our spending in check. This last month, we spent only what was alloted in our budget. I closed the month out Tuesday night and we did very well. It was a very satisfying accomplishment for both of us.
Not too much new with the girls. We've all been a little sick lately, but nothing too serious.
Jenni had her first doctor's appointment on Wednesday and it went well. She is about 9 weeks along.
Glad to hear that all is going well with the move and such. Wish I could be there to help with the move.
Here's some BIG news. We will be coming to Virginia in June. I had been thinking that we could stay with Mom and Pop or possibly Jake and Dawn, but now it seems that Mom and Pop will be four hours from Culpeper and Jake and Dawn may be in an apartment. So...we are not sure yet what we will do. Maybe we will have to stay in a hotel. Jenni will be spending some of the time with her sister Sarah in Ashland, but I am hoping to have lots of time to visit you all. Maybe a trip to Gaffney...I don't know yet.
Love y'all,
Justin
HI! I just wanted to let Justin and Jenni know that we are hoping to find a house or townhouse to rent instead of a apartment. If that works out than you are more than welcome to stay with us:) We look forward to your visit and we will let you know what ends up working out. We have already had a contract put on our house but we have not accepted it because the buyers are also selling their house but by owner. They have not provided with much info on that going through so we will see if they can provide us with some more. Well, Jacob is off all this coming week so i will try to get him to post something soon:) Dawn
Justin,
Hope you can make it, and just so you know, we can make room for you here too.
Congratulations on paying down your debt and doing a budget! That is a very, very wise thing to do. Doing budgets is so important, especially when you don't have much income (like me). The money goes farther because it does exactly what you want it to do. When Sara and I got married I had a few thousand in credit card debt and had never done a budget. We languished around like that for awhile, but when we started budgeting, things really came together. We paid off everything, and then began saving a cash emergency fund and then saved a down payment for our house. Now we are on track to pay off our house in about five years. Budgets are powerfull things even when you are poor. Not trying to brag, hope you don't take it that way, just trying to encourage you to stay on track. It's been worth it for us.
Your success is my inspiration. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I hope we will have as great success with the budget as you have. Though I imagine my income is greater than yours, it's not really about how much money you make; it's more about how much money you have left over after all the bills are paid. I bet we are close to equal on that part. We are using a budget out of necessity as well. We were tired of slipping further and further into the red.
Thanks both of you (Jake and Luke) for your offers of boarding. We are not sure of what we will do yet, but we have even considered renting a pop-up camper (splitting the cost with Jenni's parents) and using that while we are there. Jenni's dad would tow it down with his truck. We might go camping somewhere while we are there. Claire has been begging to go fishing for over a year now. Any ideas on where we might want to camp?
Just in case you do make it this far, there is a campground about five minutes away with hookups for travel trailers and all. It's called Pinecone Campground. I tried to find some more information about it, but it looks like they don't have a website. As far as fishing, there is a public access fishing lake just around the corner from our house, within walking distance really. Of course, you could camp on the property here for free, or whatever suits you.
Post a Comment
<< Home