Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm Back From Grandpa Purples!


Hi Family...I'm back from my yearly October trip to Murfreesboro. Grandpa seems to be doing very well. We took a walk around the Greenway in town and he was going full speed ahead! His horse and dog keep him busy as well as his half day job workimg for the ranch. He also has three churches he feels at home going to. His neighbors Will Rice and 3 children and Wren Rice and their twins love him and check in on him often.
He is talking seriously about making a trip to Massachusetts to visit his homeplace where he grew up and also the home where he and Grandma lived for 30 years... so maybe next year. He would like anyone in the family who can join him to also go as he will be sharing his family history as we visit everything. It may turn into a Purple famly reunion.I will let you all know more as time goes on. I am hoping we will be able to join him.
Well. I am looking forward to the holidays and hoping most of us can find a day or two to come together. It would mean alot to Pop and I!!
Love, Mom

3 Comments:

At 2:37 PM , Blogger Julia said...

I'm so glad grandpa is doing good.I would love to get up to see him sometime soon.
it sounds like you had a great trip. how is aunt candy?

julia

 
At 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julia, I am so glad that the blog is working for you now! Call me on your day off so that I can tell you about my trip. I had to delete my previous comment as I typed it so fast I made some dumb spelling mistakes.
Aunt Candy is doing fine. She loves her job as new mother and baby nurse.
I am waiting to hear what our baby is going to be!!! I guess you had better blog it when you find out but tell me first! Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home